As many of my friends already know, I don’t do resolutions. I think if you have some specific goal or task that you want to accomplish, you should just go do that without any consideration for the time of the year. Yes, I know that there’s a psychological significance to the new year and all that, but still. I’m not about that life.
Instead, I like to choose themes for the year. For 2017, my theme was “Drive.”
The idea was that I needed to take a more active role in my life and resist inertia, which has me sitting on the sofa more than I should. And I think I did a reasonably good job at that over this year.
- Husby and I both started new jobs.
- I did pretty well at starting out in my new job!
- We had a baby!
- Although I have yet to produce a single piece of fiction that I would show anyway, I was more active in terms of planning and working toward that goal.
- I read a LOT.
- We moved house and got that whole thing sorted.
- I met some financial objectives that I had set for myself.
- I started meditating again and have found it very helpful.
That’s just a taste of all the things I did/accomplished this year. Overall, I think it was a good year!
I’ll write about my 2018 theme later.
PHOTO CREDIT: Taras Makarenko from Pexels